Assessment in CLIL
2. What is the most important thing you would teach
your students about your subject (in a clil context)? How would you assess
their learning?
I am teacher of infants, so I think that I do not have some subjects more important than others. When you bring up a child you have to know that everything that he/she learns will be influence him/her, and his/her life.
In this period, children learn habits, habits about health, hygiene, behaviour, and they learn basic concepts such as colors, numbers, simple sentences. But the habits are present all the time that you spend with them. So, if I have to decide what things are the most important to teach, I will choose behaviour. It is important in their life to know what things are correct and what things are wrong. Habits, here I include behaviour, hygiene and health, are a subject that you learn throughout your life, and this subject is very important, because it can open a lot of doors to work, to be happy, to make friends, to have a good relations with your family.
It is easy to talk about this, but you, as a teacher and as a person too, have to be an example, you can't say "don't throw trash on the floor" and then do the opposite. We have to take into account. The things we do to be coherent with our words. This will make us real people, who do the same as their acts.
It is difficult to assess infants with a test, so, I will use the same method, observation. Doing a chart where I will give positive points when they have a good behaviour. At the beginning of the week we will count the positive points that they have. The child who has more positive points will be the class helper.
In conclusion, behaviour is more important thing that people have to learn in their life. It has a lot of positive rewards, including feeling well with ourself, and this is more important at the end of our life.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario